You shall read this Policy carefully before using the Website. These are the general terms and conditions governing Your access and use of this Website. If You do not agree with any of the terms and conditions below, You should not proceed to use the Website and/or any of the services offered immediately. By proceeding in using the Website in any way, You are agreeing to comply with this Policy, including any policies and guidelines. This Policy does not alter in any way the conditions stipulated in the other written agreements or contracts with VIVA. .
Protecting You is an important priority to Us and We are committed to maintaining strong and meaningful privacy protections. The privacy of Your information is a significant responsibility and We value the trust You place in Us.
This Policy is designed to inform You about the information We collect, how We use it, and Your options regarding certain uses of information. This Policy applies to You when you access the Website.
Any capitalized phrase or word mentioned in this Policy and not defined below is defined in the MSA, otherwise any capitalized word or phrase shall have the following meanings:
"VIVA” or “We, Our, Us" means VIVA Bahrain B.S.C Closed a Bahraini closed joint stock Company, registered under commercial registration number 71117, and its registered office at building 15, road 68, block 428, Seef District, Kingdom of Bahrain.
“You” or “Your” or “User” means a person subscribed to Our Services and/or access the Website.
"Content" All intellectual property, data, information, and material including, but not limited to, texts, pictures, photographs, software, videos, music, sounds and graphics.
“Intellectual Property” means (i) the rights to any material, data or information (texts, graphics, animations, software, music, photos, pictures, audios, videos) contained on Our Website and/or Electronic Account which are the exclusive property of Us and are protected by the Bahraini intellectual property law. This definition shall not apply to Your data posted on Your Electronic Account.
“Master Services Agreement or MSA” means Our Mobile Master Services Agreement as shown on the Website which You have signed.
"Services" Any service provided by Us including: conveyance, emission, reception, transmission or broadcast of voice, data, signs, signals, sounds or images via www.viva.com.bh.
"Trade Marks" The word or mark "VIVA", however represented, including stylized representations all associated logos and symbols and combinations and drawings.
“Website” means Our online portal address www.viva.com.bh and its’ Content.
- User's Obligations
- You warrant that You will only use the Website and the Services You receive in accordance with this Policy, the MSA or any other terms and conditions; in an appropriate and lawful manner and by way of example and not as a limitation, You shall not:
- Receive, access, transmit or broadcast any Content which is unlawful or in breach of any intellectual property right (including Copyright);
- Use the Website and/or the Services to advertise or offer to sell any goods or services for any commercial purpose without Our written consent;
- Transmit any electronic Content (including viruses) through the Website, by which causes or is likely to cause detriment or harm to Us or others.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to any of Our Services, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to any of Our Services through hacking or any other means.
- Changes to the Terms or Website
- We reserve the right to discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Website (or any portion thereof), at any time without notice. We shall not be liable to You or to any third party for any suspension or discontinuance of the Website (or any portion thereof).
- Geographical Restrictions
- We make no representation that all products and services described on the Website are appropriate or available for use in locations outside the Kingdom of Bahrain. Those who choose to access the Website from other countries do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws
- Proprietary Rights
- All Trade Marks used on the Website, whether words or designs in any way, are the Trade Marks of VIVA. You shall not use these Trade Marks; in addition, You acknowledge and agree that You are only allowed to use the Website and the Services as set out in this Policy. Nothing on this Website can be interpreted as granting any license to transfer any Intellectual Property.
- You must not copy any material contained on this Website to any other server without Our prior written consent. Any unauthorized use of the contents of the Website shall be deemed in breach of copyright laws and trademark laws in Kingdom of Bahrain or other laws and international conventions "e.g. Berne, TRIP's...etc."
- Limitation of Liability
- We make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation of this Website, Content or materials included on this Website. Moreover, We do not warrant that this Website is free of viruses or other harmful components. Therefore, We will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of this Website, and You agree that Your use of this Website is at your sole risk.
- We will make all reasonable efforts to ensure that all information provided via this Website is accurate at the time of its inclusion; however, there may be errors, for whatsoever reason. In such cases, We shall be released from any responsibility.
- Liability for Violating Website Security
- You acknowledge that violating the security of this Website is prohibited since it may result in criminal and civil liability as per the laws of the Kingdom of Bahrain.
- Examples of security violations include, without limitation, the following actions:
- Unauthorized access to Website,
- Unlawful use of data or systems including any attempt to probe or scan the Website,
- Breach security or authentication measures,
- Unauthorized monitoring of data;
- Using any means to avoid any limitations imposed by Us upon access or use of Your Account username and passwords.
- Security of Your Account
- Under this Policy, You agree and understand that You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of Your password associated with access to the services of this Website.
- Accordingly, You agree that You will be solely responsible to Us for all activities that occur under usage of Your Account username and password.
- Monitoring of Usage & Personal Data
- Under this Policy, You grant Us the right to monitor or record Your usage of this Website, in particular for Our business purposes; such as for quality control and training.
- Moreover, You agree that Your Personal Data provided to Us through this Website may be used and retained by Us and any third party authorized by Us to be acquainted with Your Personal Data for purposes of collection, credit or Website security. However, the information about Your use of the Website may be aggregated or otherwise de-identified for business and marketing uses by Us as indicated in clause 3 and 9.4 below. For example: aggregate or de-identify data may be used to improve Our Services, measure to analyze Your use of the Website or services and to help make services and advertising more relevant to You.
- When You use the Website, information will be collected about Your device and Your visit including browsing, searching and buying activity as You interact with Our Website, applications, IP address, Line Number, Device numbers and identifiers, account information, web addresses and any other information which may be related to Your connection and browsing options. We will use this information for operational performance measurement and other business purposes; and to assist Us in delivering more relevant marketing messages on the Website.
- We may place and read cookies on the Website to assist Us in delivering marketing messages on the Website. However, We shall provide You with the ability to opt out from Our use of Your information for these purposes.
- General Terms and Provisions
- You hereby this Policy acknowledge to be in compromise with any instructions in respect of each service rendered via the Website.
- You pledge not to use services rendered via the Website in any form which conflicts with the laws of the Kingdom of Bahrain.
- If Your Device does not support relevant technology including but not limited to encryption You may not be able to use certain services or access certain information on the Website.
- We reserve the right to charge for access to certain services or information provided in the Website, such services or information may be subject to additional terms and conditions imposed by Us.
- The Website services are constantly evolving. You acknowledge and agree that the form and nature of the Services which We provide may change from time to time without prior notice.
- If any part of this Policy is found to be illegal or unenforceable, this will not affect the validity or enforceability of the remainder of these terms under the Policy.
- We reserve Our right to assign these terms and conditions to another third party or an affiliate.
- Governing Law & Jurisdiction
- This Policy is governed by the provisions of the laws of the Kingdom of Bahrain and is subject to all regulations and laws governing the telecommunication sector within the Kingdom of Bahrain.
- The Bahraini Judicial authorities are solely the jurisdiction authority for all disputes may arise from or related to the Website.
- Fraudulent E-Mail Communications
- You may receive messages on Your email purporting to be official correspondence from or on behalf of Us, using Our name and/or brand. Frequently, these unsolicited emails claim to offer immediate payment offers or employment opportunities, or indicate that the recipient has won a competition or lottery asking to enter Your mobile number, Website access password, ATM number or other information. Therefore, We warn You to exercise Your caution with such messages, and advise You to contact VIVA’s all customer care Agents once You receive such unsolicited message.
Legal Code: 21C2016V1